8.21.2013
Luau
Long ago I realized that throwing big events, managing other women and getting women out to the before mentioned events just wasn’t my thing so I decided I would never join the PTA. Leave that to the socially competent women with the easy kids and husbands who are home before 5:00. I’ll stay home managing my sons WWF matches while my husband sits in traffic on the 15, holding Gracie and her blanket and reminding her to not suck her thumb while stuffing Ryan full of bananas and feeling guilty for not having the courage to attempt to teach Jonathan piano. I justify that I can’t help out in the classroom because I have little kids at home but in reality I wonder if that is just an excuse to avoid any PTA type involvement. So my calling in church should be no surprise, Relief Society Activities Coordinator which is basically throwing events with and for women. Last night we had a luau. It consisted of an evening of lays, Hawaiian dancing, music, childcare, a game, dinner, dessert, a beautiful backyard, with a fancy pool and lights and around 50 women (most of them nice). Somehow we threw it off and I am now an expert luau lady. If you want a luau, you know who to call.