8.15.2013

A FedEx package for Michael just arrived from his work that looks suspiciously like an I-Pad. Since I signed for it and all his other work products when they are delivered, does that mean I get to use it on nights and weekends?

Last night Michael pointed out that Gracie could be totally content being held in the rocking chair, with her blanket, sucking her thumb for hours and I agree. That girl is cuddle bug material for sure. After putting her to bed last night she asked me to hold her in the rocking chair, “again and again and again.” It reminded me of when she was being watched at Grandpa and Grandma Neyens and wore Grandpa out asking to be pushed in the swing again and again and again. She made up a little song today that went like this, “I am small. I like my blanket. I like my pockets…”

There is nothing I dislike more than when my kids argue and fight. I like to think I don’t yell at my kids. When they are at each other all bets are off though. It drives me crazy. There is only one good thing I can think of from observing the times they have fought and that is that I am confident that Jonathan and James can both hold their own. On the other hand, there is nothing I like more than seeing them serve and help each other. Watching Jonathan read to Gracie or James make Gracie’s bed is heavenly. I know I’m supposed to be learning something deep here. Why can't I just get these lessons the first time?