8.26.2013

Jonathan lost his first baby tooth today! It was just in time for school pictures on Thursday. He is working on his r sounds and l sounds. If the other tooth falls out, the th sound may complicate things more. We will just have to hope he can avoid words like, "the ruler". He tried asking for a ruler the other day and couldn't say "ruler" for the life of him. "You know Mom, 12 inches, wooden stick".

Gracie is starting to have to defend her favorite spot on my lap, holding her blanket and sucking her thumb. Ryan is getting quite adept at making his way between her and me and the two end up using their bums trying to push the other off.

Jonathan's first comment after hearing the song version of the sixth Article of Faith we were practicing tonight was, "That sure has a lot of nouns".

Jonathan was suppose to take five things that could fit in a lunch-size bag that represent something important to him to school. It was sweet to see the things he gathered to take: a tank from Grandpa Neyens, a picture of him and James on Great Grandpa Donaldson's lap, a Pokemon card (ok- not so sweet. I'm not a fan), soccer and basketball participation trophies and a picture of Michael and me. Did I mention Jonathan's been holding my hand when I pick him up from school? He's never been the holding hands type so it's been a unexpected surprise that I can't get enough of.

James' hair was wet from sweat. I asked him if he was tired and he replied, "Just my hair is tired but it can rest while I do my reading lesson." When I ask him about school the only thing he says they do is color. If that's the case, he better be one good colorer by he end of the school year.

James got a leather cowboy outfit for his birthday from Grandpa and Grandma D. I was happy to see it would serve the duel purpose of a Halloween costume. The other day he was looking for a shape. He asked, "Howdy partner, where's a prism?"