“How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness? He sent His Son and newborn babe in peace and holiness”. He Sent His Son
The other day I was getting frames ready to put pictures of the kids in them for grandparents. James said we needed to give one to Great Grandpa D. He suggested we give it to his brother who lives in Temecula so he could give it to Great Grandpa D. “when he comes alive again.” I am so happy that the resurrection and atonement are real. So grateful that repentance and forgiveness are possible… again and again and again. So grateful that a loving God sent His newborn baby foreordained to be the sacrificial offering for the entire world. A Savior that not only paid for our sins but felt our weaknesses, temptations, pains and regrets so he could truly “succor his people”. Jonathan was commenting on how funny it is that his classmates all believe in Santa since, “He defies the laws of physics”. I told him that there are some things that appear to defy the laws of physics but are true. I hope and pray he and his siblings feel those truths confirmed to them.
We were able to get together with Grandma Neyens, the Ankeny family and Temecula Grey family yesterday at a park by our house and enjoy yummy food and company. Since it was so close we rode bikes, walked and pulled our red wagon. Gracie rode her bike with training wheels which she had me carry up the hill while she ran ahead wearing shoes on the wrong feet, excited to find Grandma. Uncle Justin got a workout pulling kids on a sled on the grass with a long rope. Some of the kids fell off because they weren’t able to get the hang of balancing on the sled while being pulled. When it was Gracie’s turn she must have been pretty confident because she sat down, held the rope and said, “This will be easy peasy lemonade squeezie”.
This evening, I was able to "hangout" on-line with my siblings and parents. We had people in 4 different time zones on at once and it was so, so nice to talk with them. It was especially enjoyable to have Michael home today and yesterday. The kids got to have a "sleep over" last night which essentially means Gracie got to sleep in the boys room. The kids were all delighted this morning to wake up to Christmas and presents. I'm grateful for the thoughtfulness of grandparents who helped make our children's Christmas morning special. Also, a mystery gift giver doorbell ditched us, leaving the kids four new teddybears and a little peom.
We’ve been baking bread, muffins, cinnamon rolls and making homemade peanut butter cups. I’ve been able to sing lots of Christmas songs with the kiddos and think there is nothing quite as sweet as singing Angels We Have Heard on High with Gracie. If any of the boys get hurt she offers to have me hold them in “her” rocking chair in her room. James says Ryan climbs onto the top bunk after we’ve tucked them in and pretends to be a cat meowing. Ryan’s new thing is being “a helper”.
I realize there should be a conclusion to sum this all up but I'm just writing all the little things I want to remember before I forget. Merry Christmas!