12.21.2014

Tonight, Grace, Ryan and James had a “Dance Party” in the front room. Ryan occasionally came into the kitchen to check in with Michael and me. He was wearing blue shorts on his head as if that were totally normal telling us he was being “nice”. Michael and I are just grateful there is a volume limit on our digital piano because they turn it all the way up. Later, Michael went in and had a nice little conversation with Gracie while she wore the blue shorts on her head.

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night. The kids were playing around with them and they got a kick out of Gracie’s usage of the word “lowly” when asking them to put their heads lower so she could throw her blanket over them. Meanwhile, James assured them that he no longer had a sweet tooth although he calculated exactly how much brownie everyone could have.

Jonathan and James both were Student of the Month in December!

The other day James was skipping to school and his shoe fell off. I thought it was kind of cute when he put it right back on and continued to skip.

Jonathan’s new acronym for North, East, South and West is Never Entertain Southern Wrestlers.

As of two nights ago Ryan has been moved into the big boys room and his room is currently being used as the official wrestling room in the house.

Michael and I get a kick out of Ryan. He’s totally potty trained and has a great sense of humor but can barely say 3 word sentences.

Gracie calls rice crispy treats, “Rice Christmas Treats”.

Ryan and Gracie held hands while we walked to the park the other day. They do that every so often and I love it when they do. They also picked me flowers and berries.

I sang in the Christmas Program in the ward choir and the kids sang with the Primary. They sang, Star Were Gleaming. At home, they’ve come up with their own words to the song including something about shepherds snoring and hearing it from the hill. Little characters, I tell you.

I need to go because I have to write a poem for the kids with Michael entitled, Wii Wish U a Merry Christmas. Can you guess what they’re getting this year?

I have a hard time finding shirts that are long enough for me for obvious reasons. Often, if I put my hands up or move in the wrong position my mid-drift will show. Ryan likes to pinch my back whenever he sees skin. He is my little modesty police. Meanwhile, James is my little sweets police. Whenever I buy anything sweet he gets on my case. He learned it from Michael.

I just went in to check on the kids. Ryan is sleeping on the top bunk sprawled out over James. I guess he didn't like sleeping by himself. Cutie-patubees.