12.08.2014

Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary Michael Grey!

Thank you for catching up to me in the Wilkinson Center 11 years ago to get my number. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be “Mommy” for our babies, now 2, 4, 6 and 8. Through all our moves we’ve brought along those unused, heavy golf clubs stored in the attic. How many rounds of golf, new trucks, big screens and snowboarding excursions you forgo for piano lessons, soccer cleats, swimming goggles and baseball gloves. Thank you for being willing to take some serious wrestling and tackles from three rather strong boys we’ve brought into this world. Thank for you encouraging me to visit Utah this summer so I was able to be near my grandpa the two weeks before he died. Thank you for hundreds of sunsets in San Diego and braving I-15 behind snow plows in winter storms for me. Thank you for paying for my extra long jeans and telling me I should wear heels. Thank you for being steady at times when my faith has been weak. Thank you for being there to hold onto when I was in labor reminding me of just how strong I am. Thank you for reading to our kids, saving the watermelon for me in the summer and angel food cake with strawberries on my birthday since you know it’s my favorite.

Here we are 10 years later (this last weekend) on a get-away to celebrate in Oceanside. Thumbs up to our babysitters.