11.30.2014

Gracie has been letting Michael tuck her in once in a while. She says, "Hmm, I like mom bester but I guess I'll let Daddy put me in bed tonight." Gracie delights in little songs and dances. It is so obvious that one of these things is not like the others: the three boys wrestle by the fireplace and Gracie sits on the couch with a little flower in her hair making up sweet little songs. She loves nothing more than being read to and rocked in the rocking chair. Her new favorite bedtime story (since our library visit yesterday) is The Princess in Black. Our ward boundaries were changed and I lost my calling as CTR7 teacher in the process. Today was the first Sunday I haven't taught primary in over a year. I found myself checking in on "my class" and tearing up in Sunday School just thinking about not teaching those kids anymore. I realize I would have probably not been teaching them in January anyway, but I got really attached to them. I think we will have to have an end of the year party if for nothing else than to give me some closure. Thursday was my first experience hosting Thanksgiving. It helped a lot to have everyone bring food, and Michael was around to help with the turkey. Michael's brother, Melvin, and his wife, Carly and their children came to join the fun as well as Grandma Neyens. We missed Grandpa Neyens but look forward to him joining us next year. Now that my baby sister is 30 (as of Thursday) all of my siblings and I (6 in total) are in our thirties. I think this is officially a new stage in life for my mom and dad.