3.22.2013

Recent Happenings

Jonathan got his first “report card” today. Having a child receive his or her first report card is a rite of passage in parenthood so after looking over his report card, I told Jonathan to make sure he showed it to Michael. His response, “Aahh, no Mom, where’s the shredder?!” Chances are Jonathan’s grades won’t always be this off-the-charts high so you’d think he’d let us enjoy these moments while we can. The report card was last seen in the mouth of a drooling baby so we’ll see if it survives until Michael gets home.

James’ preschool teachers have been filling his mind with nonsense about a bunny that hops around taking candy to kids. Really, who do they think they are anyway? At least with jolly old St. Nick, the kid’s get coal if they misbehave. Couldn’t they at least have added something about the bunny not leaving anything for kids that don’t eat the crusts of their bread or leave their socks around the house or steal their little sister’s blanket just to get her goat?

I don’t actually remember the last time I had my hair cut before this last one on Wednesday. No one cuts hair at times when husbands are home to watch children. Michael's mom has been coming every 3rd Wednesday for the last little while from 8:45 in the morning until 3:00 in the afternoon and I feel so spoiled. The month before, she watched the boys in a waiting room at the dr.s office while I went in with Gracie - heavenly.

I usually go running on Wednesday nights with my friend Jodi but this last week she was in AZ so I let James ride on his scooter next to me while I ran. We made it four blocks before James had to “really, really go potty”. I swear he finds the most inopportune times to go. On more than one occasion, I’ve had to send him and Jonathan sprinting across Costco to get him to the potty before it’s too late.

Gracie has started blowing kisses to Michael when he leaves to work. She can be such a doll. She loves cuddles, kisses and hugs. I can't get enough of them.