James: “At my preschool the cat has his own room with his own piano to play on.”
Gracie likes to stay in her bed and yell for me to come get her in the mornings. After getting her, she likes to play for a while on our bed. This morning Michael was getting ready to leave and she was playing with his phone and accidentally called Sarah. When I tried to make sure she wasn't calling anyone else, she would put the blanket over my head and tell me, "No Mom". When I tell her it is nap time, she has started telling me "No, thank you Mom."
I realize I never write anything about Ryan. That isn’t because we don’t love him. He just happens to be the fourth child and as is common knowledge around here, fourth children are always neglected. He’s usually pretty sweet other than last Friday when I decided to let his bum “air dry” for two minutes and he pooped all over the room. He is quite scrumptious with his baby blue eyes and winning grin. On Wednesday, a lady who works with the Young Women in our ward called and asked if I could drop the kids off at the church for an hour while the teenage girls practiced babysitting skills. I had a church meeting that night so I sent Michael with the kids. Michael is good abouting supporting me in church callings. Our bald, two-toothed little man won over all the girls. They switched off holding him throughout the activity and occasionally argued over who could be next with him. “You’ve held him long enough, it’s my turn now.”
I mentioned that I needed to get Ryan up for breakfast this morning and James reminded me, “Mom, you forgot Dad's rule that you never wake up anyone when they're sleeping!” He listed off a couple other "rules" like not drawing on scriptures. I'm glad he's taking these to heart.