2.19.2013

Wow, I love this music! Check it out.

The other day I woke up to hearing Jonathan saying, “If I were a little hamster, I’d choose a purple car.” I had to laugh imagining him as a little hamster. He was reading Hot Rod Hamster to James- so sweet. I can’t get enough of him reading to his siblings.

It’s been a few years since I’ve put much effort into looking nice. Teeth whitening strips, tanning lotion, hair highlighting and stylish jeans have been replaced with baby food stains, bed head, forgivingly stretchy workout clothes and losing half my hair after each baby. Michael’s been pretty sweet considering. ;) I’ve recently debated pulling out my old flat iron and putting a little effort into looking nice again. I saw a pin on pinterest suggesting using black tea to get that nice summer glow without the wrinkles and skin cancer so I got some black tea and a spray bottle and thought I’d give it a try. When Mike learned of my plans with the black tea, he informed me he can’t kiss me if I’m covered in black tea. So much for good intentions.

Joseph, Nicole and their kiddos came out this last weekend and we had a great time flying kites, kicking soccer balls, visiting the Mormon Battalion and just hanging out. An Elder from our last ward was at The Mormon Battalion with an investigator and a couple guys from the other ward. Mike walked up and accused all four of them of flirting with his wife. It must have been the baby and poopy diaper I was holding that charmed them. The Elder mentioned that when he asked the Primary President about our move, she sighed and said that primary programs will never be the same without the Grey kids. She’s right too. Scripture Power and Nephi’s Courage sung by our little guys is an experience not to be missed.

Mike’s out of town this week. I went to Costco with the four munchkins yesterday. Gracie and James were up in the baby seats, Ryan in the basket in his car seat and Jonathan hanging on the front. A kind older lady walked up and told me how she could tell I have very well-behaved children so they could overhear. Of course, that made them even better behaved to prove her right. I determined right then and there that I will be that way twenty or thirty years down the road. Such a little thing that meant so much to me. Gracie saw the motorcycle as we were walking out and asked for one. She’s really into motorcycles. It must be from her daddy.

Jonathan turned seven on Saturday! He asked for a new chess set and got a bright blue bike that is actually big enough for him. We love that kid to pieces.