2.06.2013

This morning Gracie went potty, got dressed and walked downstairs (This consists of walking down together and counting each step). She sat on the kitchen island while I brought Ryan out for breakfast at which point she stood up on the island did a little dance and sang a made up little song to and about Ryan. What a lucky baby. She is currently playing with all my sewing supplies and quite content. Funny how anything sharp is so appealing to little fingers.

I dropped Jonathan off to get on the bus with a twinkle in my eye as he ran tripping over his backpack. He often runs full speed with a backpack, coat and book in one hand to get on the bus. Just seven years ago on this day I was working for a temp. agency waiting for that same boy to come. When he came, he came full speed with a bang. I can’t believe how much he’s changed me.

Michael and I thought it would be good for him to read The Book of Mormon this next year to prepare to be baptized. He’s reading The Book of Mormon every night now and in two weeks is almost to Alma. I printed out a reading chart. He likes filling in the circles and calculates how many chapters he has left. I hope he can feel something when he reads it. Sometimes I worry he is reading to read and doesn't understand all the words but he seems to be nicer after reading it so I figure even speed reading is good.

Jonathan hasn’t lost any teeth yet. I tell him this is actually good because it means there is less time for his permanent teeth to decay. I wonder if he’ll lose them all at once and be toothless for a while. He’s really into money and counting it so I could see him pretty excited about the prospect of a tooth fairy. Maybe the tooth fairy’s pillow money could go toward braces for the kids' permanent teeth at our house. Michael, The Tooth Fairy, her budget and I will have to talk about that tonight.

I dropped James off at preschool this morning. He knocked on the door, looked up at his teacher with a huge smile and excited look on his face like, “HERE I AM!” His teacher has a black cat and he likes to report on how the cat scratches him, runs away and so forth. He likes to play board games that are for “big kids that are four and go to preschool”. He asked me this morning if he was still four.