2.14.2013

This morning, I quickly got the children dressed. Thank goodness for Gracie and James’ new flip flops and the fact that Ryan doesn’t need shoes yet. It's such an ordeal to find matching socks around here. ;). We drove over to Jonathan’s school to watch him get a Lion’s Pride Award (a.k.a. Student of the Week). It was so adorable to watch his excitement when he spotted us, got his award and was literally skipping as he left from taking pictures to be with his class. He’s been such a trooper letting us uproot him from his school in the middle of the school year and drag him away from everything and everyone he knew in San Diego. I am so happy he’s in our family, so grateful for each of these little munchkins we get to call ours. I thought a lot about that last night while rocking Gracie in her room with her blanket tucked around just right. She loves being cuddled and rocked and had a fever so I gave in to her requests. I thought a lot about her and her brothers and how hard the prospect of our children having to experience difficult things is. I read this and this recently and think more and more that this was inspired. Yes there are the tantrums, tears, breakdowns, and relentless demands but there are also those moments here and there when there is a little glimpse of the divine in each of them and it changes everything enough to tackle one more day (or maybe take one more tackle from strong little men-in-the-making that want nothing more than to tackle you).