3.20.2011

We have loved watching BYU basketball games this last little while. It’s something our whole family can enjoy while Gracie climbs all over us. I never was really into cheering and “Wahoo” type stuff but find myself really getting into these games. I hope BYU can make it past the sweet 16 so we can watch more games together. It has brought back memories of going to many BYU basketball and volleyball games with my little brother Andrew while we were in high school. It is nice to feel like I know exactly what is going on watching a sport. I hope my children will enjoy sports and feel like they are skilled at one, the way I feel about basketball.

Rachel says the extended family has been enjoying hanging out at Grandpa’s during the games and that also brings back a lot of memories of good times with cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.

My cousin Marcus and his wife Sarah visited us. Marcus inherited the super smart gene that shows up here and there in the Donaldson line. I’m hoping I have it and it’s just recessive. He and Sarah are moving to Boston from Indonesia where they have spent the first year of their marriage. It’s always nice to see your cousins marry people you like. I like Sarah. They gave Jonathan Indonesian money, played a board game with him, talked and made lunch while I held Gracie.