I had a dental exam yesterday evening. I handed Gracie off to Mike when he walked in the door and he did a great job of being Mr. Mom for the evening. The man does it all.
A few years ago Mike and I learned how to floss the right way which neither of us had been doing for the twentyfour years of our lives prior . Our dentist mentioned that it wouldn't hurt to floss twice daily. That along with using ACT mouthwash and the discounted Sonicare toothbrushes we got at Christmas have given me confidence in my teeth. My only complaint for the dentist was two days of bad breath (according to Mike) the previous week. You'd think the dentist would be happy with that. However, he must have taken the bad breath complaint seriously because I don't think anyone has ever attacked my teeth and gums with such vigor. Halfway through the cleaning he asked me if everything was going ok and I mentioned that the back of the front bottom teeth were a little sensitive. I kid you not, he went directly at that spot for the next three minutes with a very sharp object. Who is this guy anyway?
At the close of the session, I hear my phone with Mike’s ring tone, a message, followed by his ring tone and a message again. After the exam, I hear the messages from the Jonathan (with James in the background) talking about how he feels James isn’t being nice. The first funny thing about this is that Jonathan actually knows how to use Mike’s phone, find my number and call without Mike knowing. The second interesting thing is that they don’t go to their dad to resolve their issues when I’m not home.