Gracie had her six month check-up yesterday. As suspected, she is tiny. I just can’t get used to seeing little 40th%tile and 30th%tiles. I’m assuming she’ll catch up but what if she doesn’t? I know, the horror. ;)
Jonathan came into our room the other night saying his ankle hurt and it brought back a memory of going into my parent’s room one night and telling them how terribly my legs were aching from growing pains. I must have been around 11 years old at the time and already close to my height now. It’s tough on a kid. A part of me likes the idea that Gracie may be able to avoid some of my issues.
I was talking with Rachel on the phone and she asked what family pictures are like with Mike’s side of the family. We both had a little laugh at how I’m so obviously out of place, looking awful slouching in odd positions trying to fit in. She suggested I stand up really straight and act like a Greek goddess towering above mere mortals. I’ll have to give that one a try next time.
Back to Gracie. She's a sweetheart. She's really into books, eating them that is. She is an expert army crawler and learning to sit up without help. Her favorite things are getting kisses, pat-a-cake and seeing Daddy come home.
