James was stung under his eye by a bee on Saturday while doing goal keeper training at the high school. On Sunday he woke up with a bad allergic reaction and a very puffy face and eye. He's been icing it as well as using hydrocortisone cream and medication. He decided to brave school yesterday despite having somewhat of the allergic reaction still obvious. I asked him if he told people about the bee sting when they asked about it and he said no, he replied, "You should have seen the other guy". Haha
Back in November, we were visiting a ward in Utah and Ryan made an impressive Thanksgiving turkey with great handwriting. I gave him lots of compliments on the great handwriting and Grace said, "I feel like the brother of the prodigal son." Insightful.
Last night I was doing Come Follow Me and wanted to talk to the kids about how they don't need to have a super strong testimony to still be active in the church. I realize that I come across a little bold and strong which could easily be mistaken as an all or nothing approach. In describing the way I teach I put one hand forcefully sideways on top of the other saying, I know I can be a little "strong, hard, committed" and made the gesture to emphasize the point. While I was trying to find the right word, Jonathan made the same gesture put moved his hand out to the side to gesture "long" saying "you mean you can be a little", then the gesture signifying that I take a lot of time when it comes to teaching the gospel to them. Haha. Sometimes his clever wit comes out.
I took the kids to Boys in the Boat on Monday. It was a great movie and mostly clean and the seats reclined to the kids were in heaven. It was a nice way to end their Christmas break from school.