I've been teaching Ryan in Sunday School. On Sunday we talked about Nephi building a bow an arrows and finding creative solutions by the Spirit. Ryan made bows and arrows from items he found around the house. He is so sweet and creative at times.
Grace reminded me of a little song I made up for the kids when they were younger. Apparently I asked the kids what they wanted the song to be about and Jonathan said, "a short, stout, elf". The lyrics were, "Once there was a short, stout elf. He was very kind. He liked to drink hot chocolate and make things out of pine."
James and Ryan had a nerf war on Sunday. I figure the sibling bonding makes them somewhat appropriate for the Sabbath.
Mike and I were talking to the kids and Mike was saying the best way of running a country is actually a dictatorship when the dictator is good. Jonathan pointed out that is why every household in North Korea has a picture of Kim Jong-un in it because they "love him so much". Haha. We clarified that we strive for a benevolent dictatorship in our home and James replied that we should all take a vote on that. Haha