3.22.2016

These elementary teachers love leprechauns almost as much as they love Santa.  Gracie tells us how Leprechauns are real because one messed up her classroom while her teacher was eating lunch.  I can just imagine these teachers having a blast throwing green glitter around the room, making little messes and leaving footprints on desks.  In the case of James’ classroom, each child was given a golden coin on his or her desk.  I heard James telling Gracie about it, “I put mine in my underwear for safe keeping but somehow it got lost.”

A few weeks ago Gracie reported to me that someone had thrown hand towels onto the bathroom light fixtures and she knew who it was.  I guessed that it may just be a sweet little girl who was starting to get a smile on her face and sure enough she confessed, saying “It’s just so much fun.”   Once or twice since then I’ve found hand towels hanging from the light fixtures.

There’s something so sweet about walking into Gracie’s room and seeing her cuddled tight in her blanket holding one doll, next to another doll who is also covered tightly in a baby blanket. 


After church on Sunday, I was making lunch and the kids were running around upstairs.  Gracie came down with her hands on her hips, obviously upset.  She told me the boys wouldn’t let her play with them.  I asked why and she replied, “They say I’m too womanly.”