2.11.2016

Ryan
Full of love and life.  He runs up to me every so often at the park or around the house to give me a kiss.  I trimmed the hair on the sides of his head and he loves it when I get it wet and comb it into a Mohawk so he can "be a shark".  He likes to build Lego creations for Michael when he is out of town and leave them along with little toy cars by his bed.  When Michael goes out of town for work or is gone before the kids are awake and home after they are in bed, Ryan thinks he's on a plane the entire time.  He often talks about how is getting bigger "like a Daddy".

Gracie
Gracie's been working tirelessly to cut and color Valentine's for all of Ryan's classmates at preschool.  Despite Michael banning any Disney princess movies, she will read any princess book she can get her hands on.  Don't tell, but I sing Little Mermaid songs to Gracie while she takes a bath because it's easier to wash her hair while she's pretending to be a little mermaid.  Last week I decided it was about time to teach her to ride a two-wheel bike.  I took Ryan and her to a church parking lot to practice.  The police officer sitting in his car must have laughed at us as we were quite the sight.  Me, running next to Gracie with little chants of encouragement, and Ryan running along kicking a soccer ball which got stuck behind the wheel of the police car.  I figure if Gracie can maneuver around Ryan running in front of the bike, our little bike rider is good to go around the cul-de-sac.  I was able to to substitute teach in Gracie’s primary class the other week.  We made CTR crowns, blew bubbles, put together a puzzle, sang along to primary songs, practiced sitting reverently and I had a chance to use some of my pinterest ideas.  Quite a lot for one hour!  The other day she made up little songs about how kind and sweet her mom is- now that's the life.


James
James got up early the other day to make breakfast for Gracie and Ryan.  He even included little words and pictures of them on napkins.  He asks me to write him little notes in his lunches.  He loves it when I tell stories at night.  Between stories, songs and back scratches, I guess I'm officially an expert tucker-inner.  His teacher told the class what good printing he and another girl in the class have.  He thought it was rather odd that the other girl have good printing because although she's eight, she is the smallest person in the class.  I thought it was funny that he thought just because she was small, her handwriting wouldn't be good- funny boy.  He's working on a 100-piece puzzle.

Jonathan

Jonathan finished his Bear in scouting and will be turning 10 this month.  His teacher has two class competitions going on associated with MobyMax, an adaptive on-line learning program.  The winners of the reading and math portion each get 5 Dojo Points, a no homework pass and a coupon for a free BJs meal.  I asked him how he is doing and he assured me that he will come home in the next couple of days with 10 Dojo points, 2 no homework passes and 2 BJ coupons.   I gave him a skeptical look and he explained the second next in the class in both areas are less than half to where he is.  He gave a me a Valentine with nice handwriting to trick me into thinking James wrote it.  He and James sometimes do their homework while walking home from school.  I have yet to figure out how they do that.