Jonathan and James got their report cards from school. I made sure Michael got a chance to see them. While handing it to Michael, Jonathan asked, “Are you impressed or depressed?”
The boys were supposed to submit a tee-shirt design for their school (Alamos Elementary) jog-a-thon. Yesterday, Jonathan spent a lot of time on his. He included the words, Alamos Rocks, exercise, healthy, and OWL (their mascot) with the worlds, Obedient, Wonderful and Loyal for each letter. The only problem is that there wasn’t enough room at the top of the page to fit ALAMOS, so Jonathan moved the S to the line beneath with an arrow pointing to it so that people would know it went with the ALAMO, above. However, it ended up reading, ALAMO (top line), healthy Sexercise (2nd line) and ROCKS (third line). I didn’t have the heart to tell him he couldn’t turn it in as his tee-shirt design and asked Michael to handle it when he got back from work.
I was teaching FHE a week or two ago. I explained to the children that they would encounter trials and temptations in life. I gave the examples being tempted to hit your brother or cheat on a test. Jonathan asked, “How can I cheat on a test?” Michael said, “Don’t give him any ideas”, I explained he could be tempted to look at another classmate’s answers. He replied, “Why would I do that? He might not have the right answers and I know I’m right.” Exactly…so maybe we could make our next FHE topic humility.