A while back James told us that he will never change diapers and that if he has a baby “the mom” will change all of them. I make note of this to warn any unsuspecting girls that get lost in his beautiful blue eyes and consider marriage and family. Today Jonathan and I had a little time to talk while we drove to his Eight is Great Primary activity. I am now the teacher for one of the two CTR 7 classes and so it looks like I will be attending a lot of baptisms this year. He informed me that he, like James, will never change diapers. I can’t tell if they are teasing me or serious because they try to hold back smiles. I asked Jonathan how I can be a better mom for him. He said I need to “be more harsh” and if he and James fight I need to make them stay in their room for 30 minutes.
I often find notes from James around the house. Tonight I got a "I like Mom from James" one with a backwards f. on my pillow.
Gracie and Ryan both like to sit on my lap and sometimes try to push the other one off my lap to have it all to themselves. We've been working on sharing. Tonight, Gracie sat on my lap and Ryan on her lap. I hope this is a sign that we are making progress.