James: "Mom, why do you have gum?"
Me: "Because my breath is bad."
James: "My breath is bad too."
Me: "and I want your dad to kiss me"
James and Jonathan: "ugh"
Michael: "Kissing your wife is great."
Jonathan: covering his ears "I don't want to think about it."
I get books from the library that I know Jonathan will enjoy but he refuses to read them, until I make him listen to me read the first chapter, and then he can't put them down.
James loves it when I put him to bed. I sing him three songs, scratch his back and his head and leave. The other night he asked if I could scratch his legs and feet too. Sorry James, we'll just have to stick with songs, back and head scratches.
Gracie absolutely loves the park. If we are driving by any park she will plead to stop and play. She asks to go every single day. I took her and Ryan to the park yesterday and they were in heaven. She had a smile on her face the entire time. My dad's cousin offered to babysit the kids. I had her watch them today while I went to a meeting with Jonathan’s school speech therapist to discuss his "R" sound. Ryan and Gracie had a great time and Gracie told her all about what a good swimmer she is, which is a little funny since she can't swim yet.
We made treats for neighbors the other day. I stayed home with Ryan while Michael delivered them with the older kids. It was so sweet to watch the boys on their bikes followed by Gracie on her tricycle making their way down the street covered in Christmas lights to deliver goodies. Gracie promised to ride fast.