12.22.2013

I was just staring at the ceiling pondering on the fact that I simply don’t think I have enough noteworthy things to write a Christmas newsletter this year. Granted, we have our sweet, happy moments. There’s our family wrestling matches and who wouldn’t want to read about my all-time-fastest diaper changing speed or our children’s aptitude at sliding head-first on the futon mattress down the stairs. Maybe I could make a New Year’s resolution to accomplish enough feats in parenting and personal development that writing a newsletter next December will be an easy task… While I ponder more about that, here are a couple of pictures of Jonathan. He was Student of the Month for December. Obviously, one high-achieving 2nd grader we’ve got here. He’s the type that likes to read encyclopedias for fun and just sometimes gets the answer to math problems faster than me. Michael recently asked him for the Calvin and Hobbes book and Jonathan asked “what for”? Michael responded, “To be entertained”. Jonathan grabbed the book One Million Things and said, “If you want to be entertained you should read this!” Last week, he had a science test that I helped him study for. We acted out weathering, erosion and deposition. I pretended to be rain, snow and ice and break him into pieces at the top of the stairs (weathering), carried him down the stairs which we pretended was a mountain (erosion) and deposited him on the couch. I then told him to go to bed and he replied that he couldn’t since he had been deposited. Like I said, he’s a clever kid. I should mention that I can fairly easily carry all 70 plus pounds of him. My weightlifting must be paying off. How’s that for bragging?