5.19.2013

Grandma D. sent Ryan, Gracie and James their birthday gifts with me on our last trip to Utah. I have been storing them in my closet. I got Ryan’s out yesterday and James noticed the other two wrapped gifts just sitting there. He asked who they were for and I explained they were for him and Gracie but he would have to wait until his birthday. This morning, he told me he won’t ever be able to sleep at night because all he can think about is that wrapped birthday present.

Ryan enjoys his birthday gifts: a blanket from Grandma and Grandpa Neyens, his board books from Grandma and Grandpa Donaldson and his baby wheelbarrow from us. All the kids get a dollar in a card on their birthdays from their great aunt Judy and Uncle Chuck.

This morning James had a 2 liter of rootbeer surrounded by empty glasses sitting on the table. He explained they were sitting there to catch all the rootbeer when it became a volcano.

I closed the laundry room door this morning while folding a few clothes. When I opened it, James said, “Mom, don’t ever close the laundry room door because I don’t know where you are when it’s closed.” He likes knowing where everyone in his family is at all times.

Gracie and James are both still thumb suckers and so we have a family rule that no one can suck his or her thumb unless they are going to sleep. On the way home from church tired Gracie asked me if she could suck her thumb.

Me: “Yes”

Gracie as she put her thumb in her mouth: “Thanks Mom.”

Gracie thinks it is her job to tell on James if he is ever sucking his thumb.

James wore a bright red tie with his turquoise and white checkered shirt to church. He likes to dress himself and always seems to have mismatched colors and patterns but manages to pull it off.