4.17.2012
Jonathan and James are running around the house with a little timer that goes off pretending they are running away from bad guys. I just heard Jonathan say, “James, the bad guys are there breaking the commandments.”
On Saturday Michael watched the kids while I went to a Relief Society gathering and ran errands. He has been so busy with school that this was the last Saturday I remember where he’s been available to help and it was a very nice break. I came home and found that Michael and the boys were wearing name tags that had the letters POTUS on it, with their names on the back. Jonathan had made the name tags and they stand for Power of the Universe. They had their own little club. I also came home to a huge mess.
The boys had made a huge barricade throughout the entire hallway with toys, baskets, Gracie’s toy kitchen, and chairs. I couldn’t even get back to the bedrooms. It’s nice to know they are having fun.
We have started having the boys sit still and quiet for 10 minutes every day to practice being reverent. It’s been really good for all of us. The other day we had Jonathan sitting for his 10 minutes in a chair outside the bathroom watching James and Gracie take a bath. They are pretty cute together in the tub. After what must have been at least 15 minutes he asked if he could finish the rest later. It turns out the timer hadn’t been working so he had just been sitting there being reverent for who knows how long.