4.08.2012

Easter 2012

The other day Gracie decided to take her little pink stroller on a stroll around the cul-de-sac. Jonathan and James were dressed in their matching swim outfits and flip flops ready for swim lessons and following her around the cul-de-sac to make sure she was safe. Jonathan ran back to warn me about the little escapee. I always worry about cars backing out of driveways so ran up and joined the little stroll. I love the way the boys look out for their sister. Jonathan has school off for the month of April so I’ve been trying to do little reading, math and art activities with the kids. Until two days ago James was napping consistently so I’d use that time to do a little activity with Jonathan then take a nap while he played computer games on PBS kids. It was cute because he came in and asked me how to spell, exist. I helped him on the computer and it ends up he was answering a question. It was what is your favorite thing and why? His response was, “Mom, because without her I wouldn’t exist.” I was so flattered. Easter Sunday went well. I gave a talk in church and a lesson in Relief Society. It is quite the relief to have those over. I sat far in front of the opposite side of the chapel because all the kids insist on sitting either on my lap or next to me in Sacrament Meeting and Gracie is quite clingy to me. They did better than usual at church when I'm sitting with them. Jonathan gave me some big waves from the back of the chapel – so thoughtful. They all looked quite sharp and adorable in Easter outfits from Grandma and Grandpa D. Thank you! Jonathan did a great job reading a scripture in primary. Gracie loves to gibber-jabber, dance with her brothers and chase them around. The boys love my bedtime stories about two boys named J1 and J2 who go on adventures with their dad in cars that transform. They also enjoy wrestling with Mike. This morning Mike woke up from a dream and Jonathan was there right next to him on the bed wide eyed, with a big smile to greet him. Whenever the kids come into bed for cuddles I wonder how in the world some parents sleep in the same bed as their kids. They obviously must not mind little back scratches and wiggling toes. I found a paper in the mailbox with lots of letters on it. James was sending it without a stamp or envelope. I hope the mailman enjoyed it.