Jonathan was asked about his baby by a stranger at the store. Jonathan explained to her that his brother James is a big baby and that Gracie is the little one.
Jonathan often uses big words that we don't usually use. Yesterday he told James to "make room for our vehicles" in the garage referring to the scooter and tricycle they were riding. He also showed Mike how he can do a "Pirouette". Mike didn't know what that meant. Luckily I had dance classes.
The other day Jonathan got to have a special outing with Mike (going to Costco to do grocery shopping). As he was leaving James was giving his normal sweet, prolonged goodbyes. Jonathan yelled to me, "Don't let James ride my scooter and don't put my helmet on him!" The next thing I know James had waved, yelled one last good-bye and was running to the garage. I found him a minute later in the garage on Jonathan's scooter with Jonathan's helmet on.
Jonathan: "Gracie loves me more than anyone. I love her more than anyone."
I had my sewing class last night. Mike had let the boys bake some chocolate chip cookies. They saved some for me. James had taken little bites of my cookies which made me feel especially loved.
When Jonathan doesn't want to go to sleep and comes out of his room he always says something very appropriate like, "excusemeguys but..." or "ah, sorry that I came out again but...." or "oh uh, sorry for interrupting but..." He can be oh so polite.
James loves his brother "joshin". He calls himself. "ehns."
He likes to put his face one inch away from Mike and my faces and say, "ello Dad, ello Mom."
After getting in trouble for yelling, James will whisper in our ears "a daddadadadadada".
Jonathan came into Gracie's room before bed while I was nursing her with the light dim. He did a little dance for about 10 seconds, came over and gave me a kiss and left. What a little character.