Michael: “I love you Jonathan.”
Jonathan: “I love you too Dadio…sometimes.”
Michael: “I understand.”
I had to put James down by the mailboxes while I pulled the car out of our very tight parking spot this morning. There isn’t enough room to fit the car seat by the door of the car. He screamed when he saw me pulling the car out, thinking Jonathan and I were leaving him. Once I pulled the car out, I reassured James that we were not leaving him and put him in the car. He continued to scream for about a minute after I put him in the car. Jonathan said, “Mommy, he won’t stop crying!” Jonathan cried very loudly for hours and hours the first year of his life, especially in the car. One minute of screaming is nothing compared to that. I suppose that first year of crying gave me empathy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone though.
The other day I woke up to Jonathan telling me that we were a dinosaur family and that we were killing bad guys. He was very proud to tell me "Baby James" had just killed a little bad guy. What do you say to that?