I was taking Ryan to a baseball hitting coaching session. He asked me to please behave appropriately and not kiss him in pubic. "Please don't do anything embarrassing like kiss me."
We just returned from a great trip to Utah. I was so happy to see Jonathan after his first year of college. I took him out to lunch and he said "Your driving scares me." I replied, "I understand how you feel. My mom's driving also scares me."
Grace was sleeping on the 4th floor of the cabin and in order to cool it down, my dad suggested she open the sliding glass door. I replied that I wanted her to keep that locked so she wouldn't get kidnapped. He said, it was pretty unlikely anyone was going to climb to the fourth floor to kidnap her. I reminded him that there could be acrobats or ninjas to be wary of.
Michael sadly sold my minivan a while back so we had to put hitch on his work car and squish on our road trip. The hitch is pretty close toe the ground and we were a little nervous about the bags being secured on it. James, while driving kept looking back to make sure the bags didn't fall off. He clarified that he was only concerned about his creatine potentially falling off. Apparently, clothes and toiletries aren't a big deal but he wasn't about to lose his creatine.
I met up with my parents bringing Grace and James to church. James texted me the exact time they would arrive in minutes and seconds. There's nothing quite as comforting to know your kids will arrive in 7 minutes and 44 seconds.
Whereas the other kids are starting to think about getting school clothes, Ryan only wants new underwear before school starts. Apparently, new underwear will give him a confident start to 8th grade.
While visiting my parents ward in Utah, I met Jon Schmidt. I told him how much we appreciate him sharing his talent and that my kids play his music. He asked if they've played anything for church which was the perfect question because James had just played a beautiful rendition of Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise and Guide Us Oh Thou Great Jehovah. He was so gracious and it was certainly a treat to meet him and tell him how much we love his music.
The kids had a good time at EFYs, Splash Summit, the Provo recreation center, ice skating, playing games and getting Macey's ice cream. They had a great time seeing Jonathan, Grandma and Grandpa D. and cousins. James is life guarding so Grandma Neyens picked him up and kindly stayed with until our return on Saturday night.