3.07.2025

5/7/25

March 5th 2025

Ryan was heading out the door to the garage to ride his bike to school.

Me: "Ryan, please comb your hair."

Ryan: "I already have enough girls that like me. I don't need to look better."

Me: "It's not about girls liking you. It's so people look at you and think 'that boy has a mom that loves him.'"

Ryan: "Ok" and combs his hair

I just want to know who these girls are. Even a scary gingivitis campaign to get kids to brush and floss teeth is having limited results with this kid. :)

On Sunday, Ryan's Sunday School teacher texted me asking for me to send her five good things about Ryan. Here is what I thought of:

- He has great character.

- He strives for competence in many areas (athletics, academics, music)

- He's diligent in daily gospel habits (scripture reading and prayer)

- He's super fun to be around.

- He's helpful.

I didn't include this but he is also very detailed oriented and I appreciate that he catches things and notices details many people may miss.

Grace is doing awesome in school and playing lacrosse on the freshman team. She's doesn't seem to like lacrosse so I'm not sure why she is playing but it's fun watching her run around with a stick even in the pouring rain. Apparently, freshman lacrosse girls are tougher than football players in that regard -haha.

James has agreed to go out with random girls I set him up with so he isn't exclusively dating the one girl he has ever gone out with. Here's to new friendships! :)