1.05.2015


Michael left super early this morning to catch a plane.   I got up at the same time to comfort James who randomly had a nightmare about me and Grandma getting eaten by sharks so I was up early.  In the spirit of New Years resolution and realizing this will be one of those months where Mike will be out of town for half of it, I committed to take my Mommying up a notch: more books, less cleaning, more cuddles, less scolding, to sum it up, just more conscientious parenting.  So in Mommy mode, I fed the kids, untied crazy knotted shoelaces, read scriptures, prayed, hugged and kissed the boys and held back Ryan wiping his tear-filled eyes (in his little backpack) while waving good-bye to Jonathan and James as they walked to school.  About ten minutes later Jonathan and James appeared on our doorstop to inform me that there is no school today.  Sure enough, Christmas Break officially ends tomorrow.  Why don’t my kiddos just call me Super Mom?