4.11.2014

We went to the Splash Pad on Wednesday since it was early-out day at school and super hot. The kiddos had a blast. Jonathan’s swimsuit was too small for him so he read books and did as much as he could without getting his normal clothes soaked. Yesterday, the kiddos and I used one of those super long Target shopping carts (Gracie, James and Ryan love those things) and he got to pick out a new swimsuit. I can’t adequately describe how nice it is to watch the kiddos run around the Splash Pad together. They are so darn cute just playing around. Now that Jonathan has a new suit, we’ve got to go again soon. Gracie’s stance on the rock is from when she was doing her “exercises”.

Gracie enjoys two twin boys that live down the street. In the pictures below she was dressed up like a ballerina playing with Davis while we babysat a while back.

The boys walk/run to school together now. I figure now that Jonathan is eight he can take on the responsibility of getting James there and through the gate. I’ve followed them with Ryan and Gracie a few times just to make sure they make it OK. The boys are good at lathering up with sunscreen and giving the little ones their “good-byes”. I just love those little people so much. Jonathan had a fieldtrip to LEGOLAND today so I used a sharpie to write my cell number on the bottom of his shoes in case of emergency. No phone call yet..

When I change Ryan’s diaper, he smiles and says, “Aaaah, poops!”

Ryan had taken James’ backpack into the back yard yesterday with a big smile on his face. This morning we found it back there. Nothing like a backpack full of gravel in the morning to say, “I love you”. I took him and Gracie to run errands this morning. At Costco, the guy boxing the food pointed out that our bulk of cheddar cheese had a bite mark (through the plastic, mind you) asking if I’d like a new one. I responded, “No, it’s fine, he did it" looking toward Ryan. Ryan gave him and the other guy at the check out a huge grin and with that, he instantly won them over.

Yesterday, I took the kids to a park. Ryan somehow managed to run off with James’ shoes and wore them around for a while - such a little jokester.