4.25.2014

I keep putting off an update since I have pictures to download but I know if I don’t write one quickly, I will get too far behind to catch up. So here it goes.

Gracie was really excited when I picked her up from Sunbeams on Sunday two weeks ago. She threw her hands up and said, “I’m thankful for fish!” She had drawn two fish in a fishbowl. I can just picture her teacher teaching them for the entire hour about being thankful for fish.

She is quite the little songbird. I was doing laundry with the window open and she was playing with Ryan in the backyard while Michael watered trees. It was sweet to hear her singing, “I Am a Child of God”.

Easter went great. We had an Egg Hunt for the kiddos in the backyard on Saturday and they got presents of swimwear, beach towels, goggles and a water-shooting toy. On Sunday, I went to church early to sit with Jonathan during a special Stake Conference where one of the living Twelve Apostles, Elder Ballard spoke. I did my best to explain how significant it was for Jonathan to be able to see a man, called of God to be a special witness of Him, in person. He was reverent and did a great job of really listening to the speakers.

Jonathan was able to complete a five-mile Mormon Battalion hike with Grandpa Neyens and his cousin Dallin. This is the second time he has completed the hike and we are happy he had this opportunity. Grandpa Neyens is a great Cub Master. He made all the boys wooden muskets, and uniforms that they could carry their provisions in. He made sure the boys read all about the Battalion, and made the experience really nice for all of them. Many thanks to him.

James: “I speak Baby language, a little Portuguese and Human.”

I recently got a canvas print of a picture I like of the Savior. I asked James if he knew whom the picture was of. He said, “Of course Mom. It’s not your sweet James but it starts with a J. It’s Jesus!”