3.06.2012

James was in Time Out for taking a toy from Gracie and Gracie decided to put herself in Time Out next to him on a chair.

Gracie and James joined me for my OB appointment. James enjoyed hearing the baby's heartbeat. The doctor was sweet to listen to his heart too. James thinks it sounds like a train. Gracie, of course, just sat on my lap sucking her thumb the entire time (even when the doctor measured my belly) other than when I had to put her down to step on the scale, during which minute she was fussy. James said, "Now Gracie won't get any ice cream". Obviously, my good-behavior bribe was forefront on his mind. He had to go potty and said, "Mom, you can hold the cup for me." I had explained why they needed my urin sample. I guess he just figured they needed his too.

Today, James decided that rather than take his pull-up off, he'd go ahead and wear his underwear over his shorts. What to do with this little guy...

A couple in our ward is moving to AZ and kindly gave us three 50 gallon water storage containers. I've been wanting one for quite some time to make sure we have a solid 3 month supply so this was quite the blessing. Yesterday evening we took the seats out of the van and Mike and Jonathan drove over to pick up the containers and use Jonathan's birthday yogurt coupon from school. Out of the 10 flavors of frozen yogurt, Jonathan chose double cookies and cream and plain tart. He piled up all sorts of toppings and the two of them quite enjoyed it. I think those two have similar tastebuds because they like all the same foods. James says he wants to go out with Mike like Jonathan did because he "wants to copy them because he loves them".

Gracie has quite the hard time going to nursery but is always really proud of herself after we pick her up.

I have Gracie give the boys kisses goodnight before bed and Jonathan always smiles and tries to avoid them. Tonight she still managed to get his nose.