Grandpa and Grandma D. sent Jonathan all sorts of plastic bugs, bug books and bug magnets for Christmas. After finding bug after bug around the house today I told Jonathan that we need to find a container to store the bugs in. He whispered to me, "I have some in my pocket." I guess he figures that's a good storage spot.
Yesterday evening after a long day of watching the kids while Mike did school work, I ran by the grocery store with the three of them to get some milk and a few other food items before Sunday. At the do-it-yourself check-out James screamed when Jonathan took the items he wanted to check. Of course, I just tried to get out the door as soon as I could and get home. Before dinner, James said a prayer and included at the end, "Please bless me to not scream in the grocery store." After the prayer Mike said to me, "Oh, so that's why you had that look on your face when you walked in the door." I'm just wondering exactly what that look was.
James was a little hesitant to go to Sunbeams today but smiled when his new teacher pulled a Mr. Potato Head out of her bag. He says he likes his teacher and she likes him too. The nursery leader says she really misses him because he was such a good helper. Two more weeks until Gracie starts nursery. I'm obviously looking forward to sitting through two hours of church without roaming the halls. ;)
This morning I woke up to James sitting on the rocking chair singing to Gracie in her bed. He really is so sweet to help her in the mornings.