Mike has been gone and another father of some girls in our ward was going to watch the boys while I went to a Relief Society Broadcast. James said, "but Mom, uuuuhhhhh, I like our dad." A minute later he was OK with the idea since "Dad is on an airplane." He often prays that Mike will be safe on airplanes even when he's here. James has more of a clingy personality. He likes to know where Mike is and make sure he's coming back. Hmm, wonder where that clingy personality comes from?
James often asks to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house or says, "I thought we were going to Grandma and Grandpas". This one always breaks my heart.
James wants three dogs since he is three. He wants one that is red, one that is green and one that is blue.
James is really into putting puzzles together. The rule is he has to do it in a room where the door is closed so Gracie can't get it.
Jonathan and I went out to dinner at Islands for a school fundraiser thing. He was really excited. While we were waiting for the food he was dancing in his seat with his eyes closed getting me to laugh. He can be quite the entertainer when he wants to be. He was watching the surfers on the TV screen and asked, "Mom, who has surfed more, Dad or Grandpa D.?" I told him probably Dad since Grandpa D. lives in Utah where there isn't an ocean. He replied, "No ocean! Where do they get the water they drink?" I explained that we don't drink salt water and the water they drink is water that comes from the river, from the snow on the mountains by their house. I explained that we drink the river water at the end of the river.
A month or so ago he came in and asked me, "Mom, what's a basement?" Who would have known?
I've been telling him I can't ever help him get dressed since you have to be able to get dressed by yourself to go to kindergarten. The other day he talked me into helping him take his shirt off. I said, "OK, hands up." and he said, "You're arresting me?”