4.26.2011

Easter

We have all memorized the words to the Saturday is a Special Day song now. Saturday morning, I took this to heart, set two small chairs aside and prepared nail clippers, towels, scissors and clippers. I trimmed the boy’s hair and cut fingernails and toenails. This was followed by a tooth brushing as well as a shower for Jonathan and bath for James. Mike had to do homework for most of the day but was available in the evening, sigh of relief. I worked on talk preparations as I was asked to speak in church. Jonathan read a book my entire talk, James glanced up every so often from coloring and Gracie gave Mike smiles which shows you just how interesting it must have been. The kids were dressed up in the new outfits Grandma and Grandpa D. sent them. It was nice to go to church with our children looking like they are actually cared for. We had muffins and chicken enchiladas, and an Easter egg hunt. Overall, it was a nice weekend.

This morning at breakfast, Jonathan told me. “Mom, you forgot to tell me something and it starts with the letter N.” It ends up he wanted me to tell him “thanks” for helping to make the muffins. Both the boys say, “nanks” rather than “thanks”. Jonathan realized his mistake and we all had a nice laugh.