One of James' favorite phrases, "Gricie Haaaapie!" He usually likes to make her happy. Sometimes he likes to boss her around and the other day I found him laying on her. I really wonder what goes through his head, "hey, I think I'll go lay on Gracie."
I went in to get James from nursery and made him apologize for pushing a kid away from his train during clean up time. Mike asked him how nursery went and James replied, "I was fighting wif babies"
Jonathan and James were playing hide-and-go-seek. James came into our room while Jonathan counted and we helped him hide under the desk. Jonathan started looking for him and saying, "Are you here? no" while opening various doors. James yelled "yes" from our room. When Jonathan came in the room James yelled from under the table, "EarIam Josh" which means "Here I am, Jonathan". He needs a little more practice hiding without giving himself up.
I guess Gracie is smaller than I realize because at church I had three different people say, "Your baby is so tiny." I really don't think she's that small just not very chubby. I've always been fond of chubby babies but she's sweet in her own way. Jonathan and James had their dental check-ups on Friday and I got the normal, "Your boys are so big" comments I get with them. This is usually followed with a little conversation about my height and how tall their dad is. Cavity free made me happy. New car toothbrushes made the boys happy. However, I found out our insurance doesn't cover sealants on baby teeth so I guess I'll have to be vigilant about flossing. I had to hold James down on the chair while he had his teeth cleaned. The dentist mentioned that it's really good they have big spaces between their teeth. I guess the big gap they inherited from me is good in some ways. Jonathan was especially happy to read ice-cream on the good list of things to eat for your teeth.
James has recently told us a few times that he is scared of baby cats. It's sometimes hard to understand him especially when he says the S sound at the beginning of the word at the end. Examples: School bus is chools bus and scares is cares. Anyway, Mike talked to him about how baby cats are nice and so the other night before I left the room he informed me that "baby cats are nice." I'm glad he's getting it.