9.28.2010

The Power of the Scriptures

Tonight Jonathan, James and I looked up the scripture written on the bookmark that Jonathan's Sunbeam teacher sent home with him, John 13:34. He ended up reading that verse as well as the next and asked me to print it out on the computer so it can be our new scripture to memorize. We've started this little thing where we choose a scripture and try to memorize it over breakfast. We've averaged about one every two months. Mike was rolling his eyes when I started it a few months ago. He along with my siblings think I'm a religious zelot at times. This may be true but is beside the point. It touched me to think about how this little boy who just learned to read has access to these precious truths. He seems really excited about reading scriptures, more so than other books. I hope he feels closer to God reading them and that he'll always have this same desire.