9.22.2010

I don't know if I've ever seen a baby quite as adored as Gracie is by her two brothers. They wake up every morning and before anything else give her tons of kisses and hugs. Throughout the day James puts his face right up to her and says, "Ello Giss!". Jonathan makes up little highpitched songs about how much he loves her. The only violence we've experienced with her is the two of them pushing the other out of the way to be directly in front of her. Hmm, I hope they don't like the same girl someday because this could be problematic if continued.

On Monday at dinner I asked the boys, "What's tonight?" and Jonathan replied, "Heavenly Family Evening". We need a little more practice saying that one. I never knew I'd have every verse of Book of Mormon Stories memorized, but Jonathan loves it and if I miss any word he corrects me.

On Sunday we walked into church a few minutes late. We had to walk up to the middle section to find a place to sit. Somehow, James got lost and ending up walking around the entire chapel in a circle until finally finding us with a big smile- quite entertaining for onlookers wondering what kind of parents don't realize their kid is wandering around lost. ha, ha. I've taken him out of sacrament to sit in his carseat the last two Sundays since he has been making way too much noise. I have tried to make it as boring as possible in the car and wait until he commits to sitting reverently before we go back in but I feel like I miss at least half the meeting. By the time he is ready, sacrament is over and he goes on his way to nursery where he charms his new nursery leaders just like his last ones. Meanwhile, Jonathan's been sitting revently in sacrament meeting for the last few weeks, even folding his arms during the sacrament. We are so proud of him. He likes his new sunbeam class and we appreciate his teachers.

This morning James put a sticker on my backside and matter-of-factly said, "Eere you go Mom". I am glad he looks out for me with little things like that. His little accessories are oh so fashionable.

It has been neat to have a little baby doll to cuddle. She loves being held. It feels so good to just hold her close. This second month she's had sweet smiles and coos. She has pretty lips - big and perfectly pink. Her hair is a constant mohawk and there is no doubt that her eyes will stay blue. She has thin legs, small ears and long fingers and toes.

What we are up to: Mike is busy between work and his MBA. I try to take the three munchkins on outings all day on Saturdays so Mike can do school work. This last Saturday we went to story time at the library followed by Ikea, followed by craft turtles at Lakeshore Learning, followed by naps, followed by an afternoon at the beach with our old ward. We built some amazing sandcastles with our old ward friends. Now only two and a half more years of planning Saturday activities. I just started a sewing class once a week. Jonathan's started a thee hour, three day a week preschool that he seems to like although I am hoping a closer one will have a spot open up. The boys both love being read to, coloring pictures, and playing games.