Jonathan: “Jesus gave me my mommy?”
Me: “yes”
Jonathan: “Jesus gave me my daddy?”
Me: “yes”
Jonathan: “Jesus gave me my baby?”
Me: “Yes, he must really love you.”
Jonathan: “Yes, I love him also.”
The Sister missionaries called the other evening to confirm a dinner appointment and Jonathan answered the phone. This can be problematic because often he will either jabber nonsense or hang up on people, but this time he actually had a conversation. Mike had gone out to pick up a bed we just ordered for Jonathan (the poor boy has been switching back and forth between a baby crib and futon for a while). I had told Jonathan that Daddy was getting a surprise for him but didn’t say what it was. Anyway, I hear Jonathan tell the missionaries this. “No, Daddy’s not here. He’s out buying me a treat.” Funny that he equates surprise with treat.