9.15.2008

The Latest on Jonathan

On occasion, I will tell James that I need to spend a little time with Jonathan and that he will have to wait. Of course, it is normally Jonathan having to wait for James. Anyway, the other day James was crying and I told him he would have to wait while I spent a little time with Jonathan. Jonathan quickly took my hand and as we were walking out of the room he said, “Sorry baby James”.

My parents came down with my grandpa for James’ blessing. It was great to have them and for them to watch the boys while Mike and I went out for a couple of hours. Of course, Jonathan didn’t go to bed for them. When we came home we found him cuddled up on his great grandpa’s lap watching a movie. Nevermind that it was an old war drama, any excuse to stay up with grandparents.

This last week as I was putting the boys in the car Jonathan pointed out to me that the opening to the gas tank was the car’s “belly button”.

Mike has been out of town for the week in Florida so my parents stayed a few days after the blessing to keep me company. Although Jonathan didn’t mention Mike being gone much he did point out to me that the reason “baby James” was crying was because he missed his daddy.

I went into Jonathan’s room the other night after he should have been asleep only to find him with his eyes shut and fake snoring. I had no idea he even knew how to fake snore. It was quite cute especially because he thought it was so great that he was tricking me that he was smiling “in his sleep”.

I gave Jonathan the chore of making sure “baby James” was happy. I left the room for a couple of minutes, didn’t hear anything and came back to find him pushing his little brother’s nose like it was a button.

Jonathan likes to hold hands with his little brother and say, “We’re friends”.

He’s started saying, “Hmm?” after asking questions - so adorable.

We were in the car yesterday and saw a young boy riding a bike with his dad. Jonathan said "Boy riding bike. That boy go potty." He definitely understands the significance of his potty chart, which rewards him with a new bike once he has gone on the potty 25 times. Only 18 more times to go. You can do it!

James is sweet and seems to be getting bigger each day - fun stuff.