6.06.2026
James is Done with High School!
I am so proud of this young man and all he has accomplished. As he gets ready to head off to BYU, I find myself wanting to soak up every minute I can with him before this next chapter begins.
A few of the highlights from his high school years:
Robotics: It's been a joy watching him compete, solve problems, and develop so many new skills.
Sports: Water polo, a couple years of volleyball and soccer, rec league basketball, and plenty of spikeball at the beach. It's been amazing to watch his transformation since he started lifting weights his sophomore year.
Boat Race: Helping his team build the winning boat in the school's annual boat race—woohoo!
Dancing with the Pumas: I smiled through every minute of his performance.
Academics: He worked hard and found great success, earning enough AP credits to start college as a sophomore.
Piano: He entered high school already playing beautifully, and we've loved hearing countless hours of music fill our home.
Early Morning Seminary: Four years completed. No small accomplishment.
Lifeguarding: He's been incredibly responsible, consistently getting himself up and to every shift on time.
One thing I still remember is a comment from his second-grade teacher. She told me James was “limitless.” What she meant was that he was so capable and competent that she could already see he could become whatever he wanted to become. That observation has stayed with me all these years.
Now, as he graduates and heads into adulthood, I think she was right. The future may not be predictable, but it still feels limitless. There are so many things he could build, learn, create, and accomplish. More importantly, he has the character, work ethic, curiosity, and determination to make the most of whatever opportunities come his way.
I can't wait to watch the adventures ahead unfold. Congratulations, James! I love you, believe in you, and am so proud of you.

