James shocking came into the house, grabbed a cut up piece of beet and said, “What have you done to me, Mom? I actually like the taste of this!”
A couple members of our stake Young Women’s Presidency came by to visit Grace and get to know her better. At one point, they realized what a smarty pants she is. Granted, I did brag a little about how she was ranked second in her class when the school year ended last year because she doesn’t give herself enough credit and everyone thinks she’s just a quiet little girl that is easy to overlook. Anyway, it was hilarious because, one of the ladies asked her if all the kids in the family are super smart. Grace replied, “Just every other one.” What a character! I had to clarify that they are all smart. She just meant ranked in the top five of the class.
Ryan has been pestering him non-stop to get his first two classes switched so I emailed his counselor to see if it could be done and she replied that, no, she could not. He insisted I try another counselor. I figured it was kind of nervy so I wrote, “Hi Ms. Sommers, I hope you’re doing well. Would you be able to switch the first two classes of my son, Ryan Grey. He is struggling to make friends in his PE class and knows he has some friends in 2nd period PE. I asked him if he could make friends in 1st period PE but he replied that he must have already reached his friend-making capacity because he doesn’t think he is able to. Thank you, Ruth Grey” Ryan was shocked I had included his response to my question and we had a good laugh.
On the first day of school, I texted James and Grace asking for a selfie from their first day. James responded with a picture of himself frowning and giving a thumbs down. I hope that's not an indicator of how school is going.
James did a great job lifeguarding as his first official summer job. He even won Lifeguard of the Year award for the City of Temecula. Way to go James!