Grace before giving me her feet to rub as part of tucking her in bed. "Don't worry Mom. I just showered so you have nothing to fear."
Grace today: "I was super old before I realized that most families don't go to the library every week."
Grace told me a story last night and named the manners teacher of the princess, Ruth, because she thinks that's what I'd do if I lived in the time of Queens and Kings.
Grace also gives me all the inside scoop on Ryan and how I need to discipline him more. Tonight on the ride back from orchestra she said she is highly suspicious that he records his piano songs and plays them as if he is practicing. Her friend Gabby, is a TA for his social studies class and says his handwriting is terribly sloppy and she only gives him full credit because she sees he is Grace's little brother. She informed me that he is actually playing cool math games while we think he is on his computer doing homework and she caught him goofing off with a friend at the back of a line at school. She says I need to be stricter with him because years ago I used to threaten to throw his sheet blanket away and then when I didn't follow through with the threat, James did and she'd have to get it out of the garbage for him.