5.03.2022

5/3/2022

 I was scratching James and Ryan’s backs before bed Sunday night. Since they share a room, they are very aware of how long each other’s back scratch lasts. So to appease both of them I said, I’d practice singing my primary songs (I’m the primary music leader) and they’d each get two songs worth of back scratching. James informed me that he needed an extra thirty seconds because I didn’t hold out my fermatas long enough. Haha 

Grace taught herself Morse code after reading The Mysterious Benedict Society. I found her using it on her watch to send her friend a message. I asked how her friend knew what she was sending and she said she had taught her it during breaks in school. They also have code names for each other and a few other friends. I think it’s super sweet.

 

Grace was really pleased the other day because she got the fastest time of all the girls in her teacher’s PE classes on her timed run. She had diligently eaten beets the night before and morning of since I told her they were supposed to help with athletic performance. We credit the beets for her fast running.

 

Ryan was telling Grace where the antibiotic ointment was yesterday and we realized that his entire life, every single time we said, “linen closet” he thought we were saying “living closet”. I’m glad we have that clarified before his tenth birthday.