Michael was working at home today so I put Ryan down for a
nap before walking to the school to pick Gracie up at 1:00. What a joy it was to walk home alone with
her. She was singing songs, picking
flowers and the weather was perfect. She
came home excited to draw pictures of the flowers and has been sitting
peacefully drawing since. Thank heaven
for a girl.
Jonathan stood in front of me the other day just looking at
me. I asked him what was up and he said,
“I just thought you’d like to see your biggest accomplishment in life”. Thanks kiddo.
I interpreted that as, “I want a hug”.
Jonathan planted a peppermint plant in a pot at scouts. We keep it in the kitchen and he calls it Pep. He takes very good care of Pep and doesn't like me to eat leaves from it. Sometimes I will find Pep on the floor in random spots where it gets the most sunlight.
Christmas time has
once again arrived bringing along with it various teachers at church and school telling our children
about elves and Santa. I had no idea that not telling our kids about Santa would be such a big deal. Jonathan and
James have dealt with this enough years to get it but Gracie and Ryan are as
confused as all get out.