9.16.2014

Today Ryan and I walked to school to take Jonathan some lunch money he had left at home. Ryan took his own little backpack. When we got to the front office, he insisted on getting out of the stroller, and taking all his toy treasures (trains, tops, train controller) out of his backpack and putting them on the counter to show to the front office ladies. They responded very nicely.

Gracie likes to do her hair like mine. So if I have a ponytail, she wants a ponytail. If I have a braid, she wants a braid. If she has a flower in her hair, she wants me to have a flower too. She has a new phrase she uses often, “Whatdoyaknow?”. She gets it from Michael.

This afternoon, Ryan got some pink butterfly/fairy wings out of Gracie’s closet that she had received from Grandma and Grandpa for her birthday. They go on like a backpack and he put them on. He was quite enjoying his new role as a butterfly when Gracie noticed and turned into a drama queen. She was quite distraught running after a little pink butterfly boy wearing big kid underwear who happens to be very fast. I ended up having to put them both in time out. Well, better put, Ryan got put in time out and Gracie ran to her bed crying. She later came down and apologized profusely to me and Ryan. “Ryan, I just wanted to say I’m really, really sorry.”