3.17.2014

It's Great to be Eight!

We celebrated Jonathan's birthday on February 15th since the 16th was a Sunday. As a family we went to an Areosport trampoline park in the morning and had a fun time jumping around for a couple of hours. Later, we appreciated Grandpa and Grandma Neyens joining us for his party. Having Grandpa Neyens around when our boy is starting Cub Scouts is great! Between grandparents and parents, Jonathan received some thoughtful and fun gifts: a tank, bow and arrow set, Lego motorcycle, scouting shirt and book, and stylish clothes. I ask Grandma and Grandpa D. to give Jonathan clothes as gifts. Grandma D. is somehow able to find clothes that seem to fit that kid just right and make him look really sharp. They end up being used multiple times around here. I think the gift that had the most time put into it was a blue, white and gray striped quilt that I have been designing in my head over the past year. Grandma Neyens helped extensively to make my idea become a reality and so a lot went into that comfy, cozy bundle of love on his bed. More pictures of that to come. He requested anything pasta for dinner and angel food cake with strawberries and whipping cream for his cake.

Later, at the beginning of March, Grandpa and Grandma D. came out for Jonathan’s baptism and stayed with us a few days. Michael and I made it out on a date while they babysat and later, they watched four very wet and sandy munchkins at La Jolla Shores so I could go to the temple. They were smothered with attention from the little people at our house. We couldn’t be happier to have them stay here. James didn’t want me putting Ryan back into the room they slept in, “Mom, you can’t do that. That’s Grandpa and Grandma’s room!”

That's a lot to mention in one post. I'm sure I missed something important, but basically Jonathan's eighth birthday and baptism were very nice. Jonathan is a great, bright, strong, wonderful boy and we love him a lot.