Recently, we have been enjoying playing family games (Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Hedbanz and Mousetrap). Now we have another very enjoyable family pastime, watching the Olympics! It’s cute to see how the kids enjoy it. While we were watching the women’s snowboarding competition, Jonathan was making comments like, “Oh that was a good one. She had a lot of control on that landing” and other language like he heard on the TV. As far as the Olympics go, I especially enjoy watching any of the competitions where there are other women that are really tall and powerful and intimidating and must struggle finding any clothes that actually fit them- solidarity ladies. Last night, I couldn’t get enough of the dancers acting out Russian history. I was mesmerized.
Ryan likes to walk places on his own now like he is a big kid. The only time he’ll sit still in my lap is when I’m reading to him on the rocking chair because he knows that if he gets off, Gracie will jump on in a heartbeat. He’ll sometimes get his own diaper and wipes from under the bathroom sink and gives me sweet kisses when I ask him for them. We switched to 9:00 church in January and it’s been so, so nice. I teach a CTR 7 class this year and Michael is teaching the 15 year-olds in Sunday School. Gracie loves being in the Sunbeam class and is more excited about primary than either Jonathan or James ever were. Church ends at 12:00, we go home, eat lunch and everyone either has to take a nap or have quiet time. I figure it’s the perfect time for families with children (and grown-ups) that still need naps.
Especially after attending a pinewood derby with Grandpa two weeks ago, Jonathan can’t wait to start Scouts in two weeks.
Jonathan and Gracie got Valentines from Grandma today (notice picture). Ryan and James’ must still be in the mail. James is anxiously awaiting his and hopes there is something sweet inside.